Friday, October 15, 2010

Confusion

I think that the term mutually exclusive is misguided and doesn't really refer to anything in real existence. As words are symbols of meaning, I take this phrase up as not representing reality. I think that all things are expressions of the same life force. To say that two things are mutually exclusive is false. Ancient wisdom points to the concept of the duality of opposites. No good without evil, no joy without suffering. It's hard to live this principle when we're taught from a young age to overlay grids and boxes on everything we experience because this helps simplify things to ahcieve some degree of control or absolute truth (shared prescribed meaning). A great read is Alan Watts' 'The Book'. I highly recommend it. Check out my links for more details on Alan's work and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment